Mission of the role:
Digital Construction Researcher ensures Cobuilder solutions and approach are aligned with the key digitalization initiatives in the construction industry and brings knowledge about innovations that Cobuilder should implement to stay at the forefront of standards and technology and respond to customers’ needs
Why you will love this job:
- Work-life harmony – Working overtime at Cobuilder is only seen as a last resort. We highly value the harmony between professional and personal life and strive to create the best conditions for it.
- Being informed – We are making sure everyone is up to date with the latest news and developments in the company.
- Speaking your mind. No matter what your position is – your ideas, proposals and feedback are always heard.
- Job-security and space to innovate – while we have established a financially stable business on the Norwegian market, we are also on a mission to become a global player in the construction industry. This means that we are working both on innovative projects and mature ones that drive the main wheels.
- The spirit of Cobuilder – we hold remote parties, weekly team catch-up virtual chats and constantly invent new ways to keep the fun going.
- Manages projects of researching resources and adapts information to Cobuilder solutions within the scope of expertise;
- Studies and understands EU and international legislation and national requirements, standardization, classification, and other market demands regarding the construction industry – assets, products, processes, sustainability;
- Studies and understands EU and international initiatives, requirements, standards regarding digitalization of construction and open BIM;
- Assists with knowledge and expertise for the development of Cobuilder solutions and proposes/advises stakeholders for new solutions and optimizations in the systems;
- Explores clients use cases and advises on optimal implementation of BIM standards through Cobuilder solutions for more efficient and sustainable processes;
- Executes working routines and processes for enriching Cobuilder solutions with data from research;
- Assists colleagues in carrying out their work and participates in cross-functional project teams;
- Communicates with various actors of the European construction industry as a part of research, development or client implementation projects.
Requirements for the role:
- University degree in engineering – civil engineering, architecture or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in construction industry preferably within all phases (e.g. design, tendering, construction, facility management)
- Excellent written and spoken technical English
- Ability to explain complex technical information to non-technical people
- Self-driven, curious, persistent
- Team player
Extra contribution (Desirable but not essential):
- Experience in BIM coordination/management or working within BIM-enabled construction projects
- Experience and/or knowledge of vendor-neutral formats and standards for information exchange
- Experience and/or knowledge of semantic web, linked data and web of data technologies
Work-life at Cobuilder:
• Remote work
For your productivity and safety presently, we are offering fully remote work. We also maintain office space for people who prefer to meet and exchange in person.
• Talent Development
For developing your talent, we offer various trainings, attendance at conferences as well as internal hackathons.
• Flexible Working Hours
We offer flexible working hours and 23 days paid leave + 1 additional day after each year at Cobuilder (up to 26 days).
We offer additional health and dental insurance for you with an option to add family members to the service.
• Referral bonuses
Up to 40% of our employees have been recommended by friends. We do love it when friends join the family!
• Social Activities
We are looking forward to bringing back our busy social calendar with celebrations, team-buildings and clubs. For the time being, we are keeping the fun online!
We value the safety of each member of our community. Due to COVID-19, we have implemented a virtual hiring process – we interview candidates by phone or video and onboarding new hires is done remotely.
About Cobuilder International
For over 20 years, Cobuilder has become a name in delivering innovative software solutions for the Norwegian and European construction industries. For the last 7 years, the team in Bulgaria has been fully responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining Cobuilder’s core software products.
Working with us…
… you will be part of the revolution in the construction industry, ultimately creating a more productive, transparent, and sustainable built environment with less waste and a lower carbon footprint.
You will have the opportunity to work with world-class experts, freedom to share and test your ideas and a chance to make a difference in today’s construction world.
Together we will break down the old barriers, we will connect, empower, and inspire. This is our way – #TheCobuilderWay.